Friday, October 22, 2010

Discovering Blogging...

I didn't have a clue about blogging until a few months ago when a friend shared with me her postings on the web. My first impression was that blogging is a means of expressing oneself and communicating with others. It never occurred to me that it can also be a medium of communication for online learning until now.

One of the first requirements for enrolling in 23 Things for Educators and Trainers is to create a blog. The first question that came to mind was "how on earth do I do that?" I've had the chance of reading my friend's initial drafts to give her my five cents worth and the next time I get to read them is when they are neatly published in a nicely laid out web page. I often wondered how she did it but did not attempt to ask, scared of the process being too difficult.

Now, what have I discovered a week after enrolling in the course?  That creating a blog is as easy as 1, 2, 3... I clicked on the link provided by our facilitator out of curiosity. Once I did, I felt there's no turning back. The user friendly website guided me through the whole process that I couldn't help but click on "continue" all the time. The next thing I knew I was thinking of a name and choosing a template for my blog. Then, lo and behold-my own personal blog!

Had to admit, though, the most difficult part was choosing for a topic and writing about it. One thing for sure, mine is coming from the heart...

1 comment:

  1. What to write about? Well, I think as teachers/educators/trainers there are things that spark our curiosity every day that deserve reflection. And I you've made a great start.

    ReplyDelete